"DIESER ARTIKEL WURDE NUR LÜCKENHAFT
ODER NOCH NICHT ÜBERSETZT!"
Zum Bearbeiten einfach HIER klicken!.
Monster High (Lexikon)!
|Zaubertrank für Slow Moe|
|Titel US:||Flowers for Slow Moe|
|Veröffentlichung US:||Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2012|
|Vorherige:||Frankie und Draculaura auf Alienjagd|
|Nächste:||Auf die Reifen, fertig, los!|
|[N/A Englische Folge auf YouTube]|
Ghoulia solves a difficult equation, earning her much admiration from the Mr. Rotter and the class. Slow Moe admires her too, but sorrowfully, as he thinks that he is not smart enough to fit Ghoulia's preferences for a love interest. When he later finds her the center of attention as she earns a million points on the Dead Fast video game, Lagoona notices his distress and insists he's not too unintelligent for Ghoulia. Slow Moe refuses to believe her and inquires about the magical artifacts Cleo has access to. Lagoona thinks Cleo will have something to help Slow Moe, but discourages the plan. Slow-Moe pulls a puppyface though, which convinces her to help him ask Cleo for aid.
Cleo does not have Lagoona's reservations and quickly hauls up an intelligence potion and its antidote from the artifact collection. Slow Moe eagerly drinks it and not only is the change in his intelligence immediate, but also the change in his personality. This worries both Lagoona and Cleo, but they let him be.
The next day, Ghoulia and Frankie witness Slow Moe playing an simultaneous exhibition chess match and winning each of games. Shortly after, he, Ghoulia, and Don are part of a debate competition and, ignoring Ghoulia's wish to do the next rebuttal, Slow Moe launches a long-winded insult at the opposing team's debate qualities. While most in the auditorium are impressed, Ghoulia is angry that Slow Moe did something arrogant and mean like that. Her anger only grows mere hours later, when Slow Moe checks the details of the equation she solved and publicly criticizes and improves it.
Aware he messed up, Slow Moe goes to Lagoona for help to talk with Ghoulia about his actions. Lagoona answers that Ghoulia doesn't want to see him because he's become a jerk. Slow Moe defends himself by saying he now is what Ghoulia wanted, but Lagoona corrects that he now is who he thought Ghoulia wanted. She hands him the intelligence potion's antidote then, leaving the choice to Slow Moe. Slow Moe chooses his old self, making both him and Ghoulia happy in the end.
"Wusstest du schon, dass...?"-Fakten Bearbeiten
- "Flowers for Slow Moe" is a play on Flowers for Algernon, a 1958 novel about a man who gains intelligence but loses his friends and then decides he's better off with less of the former.
- The handheld Ghoulia is playing her game on is designed after Sony's PlayStation Portable. This is an 'interesting' choice considering all none-app Monster High video games released for a handheld so far are for Nintendo's Nintendo DS.
- "I think, therefore I am" is a philosophical statement from 1637 by René Descartes.
- Mr. Rotter hosts a math class. There's three teachers at Monster High who teach math, and he's none of them. His class is Dead Languages and he may help out as referee during sport matches, but math is a new one and unlikely.
- Slow Moe, and Monster High zombies in general, is extremely smart. Not as smart as Ghoulia, but smart, but the webisode treats him like he's normally not-smart. Irony has it that the Monster High fact posted on Twitter just a day before this webisode's release was about Slow Moe's impressive intelligence.
- The webisode treats Zombie speak as a sign of lacking intelligence, whereas Ghoulia Yelps's 'Basic' diary makes it a point that the language is merely a result of zombies having a different build.
- For that matter, his face and stance shouldn't change from an intelligence-potion either.
- Slow Moe's response during the debate may sound impressive, but any with basic knowledge of debating would not be intimidated. He uses an argumentum ad hominem method of debating, which is considered an informal fallacy and an irrelevance.